On the 6th – 7th April 2017, we will be holding a kayaking and camping trip! On the day of arrival, we will set off for a designated location along the Grand Union Canal in our safe, inflatable kayaks, camp during the night, then turn around and kayak back the next day!
- Kayak Camp Kit List
- Small tent (best to try to share)
- Waterproof clothing (especially trousers)
- Sleeping bag and roll mat/airbed (make sure the sleeping bag is a warm one)
- Knife, fork and spoon
- Plastic mug/cup, bowl and plate
- Water bottles (x2 litre)
- Outdoor footwear (boots and trainers etc.)
- Wash kit (tooth brush, toothpaste, baby wet wipes and soap)
- Roll of toilet paper (toilet may be a bucket!)
- One black rubbish bag (we also suggest all dry clothing is packed in plastic bags)
- Small torch
Please make sure all kit has your name on it! Everything!
We will provide an evening meal (on the 6th) and breakfast (on the 7th); you will need to bring enough food and drink for the rest of the time.
A watch (only if waterproof)
Not Needed Items
Mobile phones (we will not be responsible for loss or damage, Sgt Mack’s phone will be on at all times)
Electronic games (such as phones, PSPs or Nintendo); again, we will not be responsible for loss or damage.
Sgt Mack’s Thoughts
If any student is worried about any of the activities we will be doing on the camp, or any other time for that matter, speak to me as I will either help you overcome this problem, or put you in one of the other groups. The most important thing is that everyone is having fun, so I will do my best to make sure that you all have fun.
Cost is £40; you can pay on the day or book by phone with Sgt Mack on 07774022122.